Proven Ways to Improve Time-Management In 2022
Proven Ways to Improve Time-Management In 2022
Time is a commodity we all want to get as much as we can yet never manage to get enough. But sometimes looking at a huge to-do list, wondering how you are going to be able to complete everything in time. That is why mastering time management strategies are necessary for project managers. Here advanced time management tools can lend a helping hand to them.
Managing time effectively can help you reduce stress levels, improve productivity, produce better results and avoid unnecessary stress. However, time management skills take long to develop and can remain different for everyone. Here are some useful time management strategies that will help you develop these skills successfully.
How to Manage Time Efficiently?
Being skilled at time management is necessary for project managers. Improving time management skills can help you prioritize your distractions, priorities your tasks, and increase your productivity. Improving your time management skills also assists you to organize and plan your time effectively. Let us at them one by one:
1. Set SMART Goals
SMART is an effective way to structure your time management strategies. It is the short form of Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, and Timely. SMART goals assure project teams that their goals are realistic and calculated.
If a project management professional wants to get better at time management, then they have to consider these questions to plan out a SMART project goal:
– Specific – What do they want to achieve?
– Measurable – When will it get accomplished?
– Achievable – Is the project goal possible to be achieved?
– Realistic – Does that goal align with their priorities?
– Timely – What will be their target date?
2. Define Priorities
After setting project goals, project managers need to create a detailed list of tasks that need to be completed. Project managers can do one-on-one meetings with their teams to define weekly task priorities. Moreover, they can create a proper strategy for their teammates for effective time utilization.
Project managers can use robust time management tools to define priorities for their teams and set SMART goals effectively. By assigning priorities right within your time management software, team members can simply log in and sort their tasks by priority to see where they need to focus more.
3. Delegate Tasks
Task delegation can be considered as an important time management skill. It enables project managers to show their teammates that they are instrument project’s success. Project managers need to consider skills and capabilities of employees while delegating tasks.
Project managers can use an advanced task management app to delegate tasks to ensure timely project completion with the collective responsibility of teammates. After delegating tasks, they can get extra time to focus only on core tasks or in developing their team’s skills.
4. Avoid Multitasking
Generally, multi-tasking is a positive time management skill that enables us to do several things at a single time. However, the reality is that multitasking often confuses employees. As a result, their productivity decreases.
To avoid multitasking, project managers need to optimize tasks by using time management software. Time tracking tool can help project managers to automate repetitive tasks that will eventually save them from falling into a multitasking trap that brings stress.
Moreover, automation of repetitive tasks will also help project managers to cut down unexpected interruptions like notifications, text messages, calls, emails, etc.
Brief on Time Management Techniques
Project managers have to work on their time management skills everyday to make an impact. Experimenting with different time management techniques is the best way to do it. Here are some popular time management techniques that will help project managers to improve their time management skills and boost productivity:
1. ABCD Technique
ABCD technique suggests to put create a list of tasks and classifying them as A, B, C, and D. A is for top-priority tasks. B is for tasks with minor consequences. C is for tasks that can be completed at last. While D is for those tasks that project managers should delegate.
2. 80/20 Technique
80/20 technique or Pareto’s Principle is a time management technique that suggests 80% of results get generated out of 20% of efforts. Project managers can use this technique to allocate resources and time efficiently. They need to think what could bring 80% of results with only 20% of effort?
3. Pomodoro Technique
Pomodoro technique will help project managers to focus more on important project tasks. As a result, they can ensure successful project completion. Here are the steps to implement Pomodoro Technique:
– Pick a specific task
– Set timer for 20 to 30 minutes
– Take a short break of 2 to 5 minutes after completing the task
Finding a suitable time management strategies requires that one is able to decide what works well for them. Use these ways to practice effective time management and know that consistently working on your time management skills will enhance your productivity and overall performance.
TaskOPad is your feature-rich project management software that assists you to develop your time management skills. If you want to get a free demo of TaskOPad, simply send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How to Implement a Remote Work Plan for Increased Productivity
- Five Must-Have Productivity App Features For Your Business
- What should you know about Legal Project Management in 2022?
- Understanding Project Management Workflow for Successful Project Completion
- How to Create a Project Task List In 3 Easy Steps
- Causes of Project Failure
- Collaboration in Workplace
- Employee Task Management
- Enterprise Project Management
- Event Project Management
- Hybrid Team Management
- Hybrid Work Model
- Kanban Board
- Legal Project Management
- Office Management Software
- Productivity App
- Productivity Software
- Productivity Software
- Productivity Techniques
- Productivity Tips And Tricks
- Productivity Tool
- Productivity Tracker
- Project Collaboration Software
- Project Dependencies
- Project Management App
- Project Management For Accountants
- Project Management For Creative Agency
- Project Management For Managers
- Project Management Guide
- Project Management KPI
- Project Management Processes
- Project Management Skills
- Project Management Software
- Project Management Solution
- Project Management Strategy
- Project Management System
- Project Management Team
- Project Management Timeline
- Project Management Tool
- Project Management Tools
- Project Management Workflow
- Project Schedule Management
- Project Scope Management
- Project Task List
- Project Team Communication
- Project Team Management
- Project Time Management
- Project Tracker Tool
- Qualities of Good Managers
- Remote Team Communication
- Remote Work Plan
- Remote Work Tool
- Task Automation Tool
- Task Delegation
- Task Dependencies in Project Management
- Task Management App
- Task Management For CA
- Task Management For Education Sector
- Task Management Software
- Task Management System
- Task Management Tool
- Task Tracker App
- Task Tracking
- Task Vs Result Based Company
- TaskOPad Features
- Team Collaboration
- Team Collaboration Software
- Team Collaboration Tools
- Team Communication
- Team Management Software
- Team Management Tool
- Team Performance Management
- Team Task Management App
- Team Task Management Tool
- Team Work And Collaboration
- Time Management At Workplace
- Time Management for Project Managers
- Time Management Strategies
- Time Tracking Software
- Timesheet And Reporting Feature
- To Do List vs Task Management
- Work Effectiveness & Efficiency
- Work Management Software
- Work Management Tool
- Work Organizational Goals
- Work Schedule Management
- Workflow Management
- Workflow Management Tool
- Workload Management