Eight Productivity Hacks for Increasing Efficiency at Workplace
Eight Productivity Hacks for Increasing Efficiency at Workplace
Our efficiency at the workplace greatly depends on various productivity habits. Undoubtedly, our daily routine can leave us exhausted and negatively affect our efficiency. At times, even the smallest task can seem to be difficult to complete due to a lack of productive habits. Hence, it is crucial to develop efficient habits for productivity that impacts the way you work and its results. Yes! It takes time to adapt to a new routine, but definitely not impossible. You can gradually adapt to small habits that can make a great impact more than you realise.
Below is the list of some practices which successful people follow regularly. Go through the list, you may find certain productivity habits worth integrating into your daily routine to make yourself more efficient.
Top Habits for Productivity You Can Consider
Recognise Most Important Tasks
We have multiple, different kinds of tasks that need to be done every day. The best way to remember those tasks is to make a list. However, such a long list can intimidate you and leave you baffled. One cannot focus on each and every task. Hence, it is better to take out the most important tasks that need to be done on a priority basis. In this way, you will remain focused and determined to complete them as a brief list will not overwhelm you anymore.
A task management tool can help you identify priority tasks and make a schedule accordingly.
Take Breaks between Your Work
None of us can remain energetic throughout 8-9 working hours. Taking a break can boost your productivity even more. Try the Pomodoro technique which involves frequent short breaks for sustaining concentration and eliminating mental fatigue. Constant small breaks recharge the mind and body. You can dedicate your break time to lunch, meditation, walking, or listening to music. However, always make sure that these breaks are scheduled and deliberate. Such breaks are supposed to refresh your mind, not distract you from your tasks.
Read Books to Remain Productive
Reading is one of the most productive habits. Although, reading does not only mean reading self-improvement books. One can also read favorite fiction books which reduce stress and give a good exercise to the brain that can make us ready to do the work productively. Reading books can expand vocabulary which can make communication more effective and interesting. Besides, reading non-fiction books can improve cognitive skills, understanding of complex topics, and stimulate the brain.
Make a List of Distractions
We are living in the world of information where it is easy to get distracted. A message from an old friend, Facebook or Instagram notification, or unpaid bills, anything can distract us from work. Once we are distracted from work, it is hard to focus again which affects our productivity. In such a situation, taking the help of a distraction list can be useful. Whenever a distraction comes to mind, we can write it down and make a list of similar tasks. In this way, we never forget our incomplete chores or formalities and complete them during break without distracting from work.
Also Read : Top Ten Productivity Hacks for Your Workplace in 2021
Divide Tasks into Smaller Chunks
Whenever you get a challenging task, it is better to know the defined steps instead of doing it in one go. The challenging task also leads to procrastination as they seem daunting and people tend to delay them more. The smart solution here is to break the task into smaller steps to make it more manageable. Here you can take the help of a feature-rich task management software. This step is a great productivity habit to adopt.
Focus More on Complex Tasks
Dividing complex tasks into smaller chunks may not work every time. Certain tasks are complex enough that need full attention and effort. For such challenging tasks, you need to adopt certain habits to complete them successfully.
1. Follow a Daily Routine: Doing a complex task at a similar time every day enables your mind to adapt to this routine. You can choose anytime and stick with it daily.
2. Be Aware of Your Work Habits: Before following a daily routine, it is better to first, learn about our work habits and limitations. Determine how you work-alone or with a team? Which time does your brain function best? Do you need short breaks or do you work productively without breaks?
3. Avoid All Distractions: Avoid all possible distractions while doing complex work. It is better to stay away from social life for a while and engage in communication as little as possible at the workplace.
4. Accept a Little Boring Hours: Doing a challenging task can be boring but unfortunately, you cannot escape it. Hence, learn to be comfortable with a few boring hours daily. Otherwise, you will end up wasting more time on other distractions.
Stay Away from Decision-Making for a While
Investing your time and effort in making simple decisions is counterproductive. Similarly, simple tasks just waste your time. It’s better to outsource small tasks and invest your time and effort in more critical work. Some tasks are too simple to invest time in. Make sure that such simpler tasks should not waste time. Instead, develop productivity habits for more complex and extensive work that can be completed efficiently.
Reduce Time-Wasting Activities
The best way to achieve productivity is to avoid useless activities while working. However, there is no need to eliminate additional tasks such as responding to emails or checking social media entirely. You can do such tasks during breaks instead of wasting time on them during working hours. You can add a shortcut for automating trivial tasks or outsource them to focus properly on more challenging work.
Having productivity habits can be an intelligent way to avoid procrastination and other hurdles. Overall, you can achieve productivity by managing time, prioritizing important tasks, and outsourcing smaller tasks. Tackle your work smartly and make the best use of your time and resources.
TaskOPad is an end-to-end task management app that brings effective solutions to task management issues for organizations. You can also call TaskOPad as a Productivity Tool as it boosts the efficiency of your team with its useful features. If you need a customized project management solution or more information about TaskOPad, you can request a FREE demo!
- How a Task Management Software Can Prevent Burnout
- 7 Best Project Management Software that Boost Small Business Productivity
- Top 4 Project Management Trends in 2023
- 5 Amazing Project Time-Tracking Software Help You to Meet the Deadlines in 2023
- 5 Task Management Software Features that Streamline Project Management
- Causes of Project Failure
- Collaboration in Workplace
- Employee Task Management
- Enterprise Project Management
- Event Project Management
- Hybrid Team Management
- Hybrid Work Model
- Kanban Board
- Legal Project Management
- Office Management Software
- Productivity App
- Productivity Software
- Productivity Software
- Productivity Techniques
- Productivity Tips And Tricks
- Productivity Tool
- Productivity Tracker
- Project Collaboration Software
- Project Dependencies
- Project Management App
- Project Management For Accountants
- Project Management For Creative Agency
- Project Management For Managers
- Project Management Guide
- Project Management KPI
- Project Management Processes
- Project Management Skills
- Project Management Software
- Project Management Software For Small Business
- Project Management Solution
- Project Management Strategy
- Project Management System
- Project Management Team
- Project Management Timeline
- Project Management Tool
- Project Management Tools
- Project Management Workflow
- Project Schedule Management
- Project Scope Management
- Project Task List
- Project Team Communication
- Project Team Management
- Project Time Management
- Project Time-Tracking Software
- Project Tracker Tool
- Qualities of Good Managers
- Remote Team Communication
- Remote Work Plan
- Remote Work Tool
- Task Automation Tool
- Task Delegation
- Task Dependencies in Project Management
- Task Management App
- Task Management For CA
- Task Management For Education Sector
- Task Management Software
- Task Management System
- Task Management Tool
- Task Tracker App
- Task Tracking
- Task Vs Result Based Company
- TaskOPad Features
- Team Collaboration
- Team Collaboration Software
- Team Collaboration Tools
- Team Communication
- Team Communication Tools
- Team Management Software
- Team Management Tool
- Team Performance Management
- Team Task Management App
- Team Task Management Tool
- Team Work And Collaboration
- Time Management At Workplace
- Time Management for Project Managers
- Time Management Strategies
- Time Tracking Software
- Timesheet And Reporting Feature
- To Do List vs Task Management
- virtual task management
- Work Effectiveness & Efficiency
- Work Management Software
- Work Management Tool
- Work Organizational Goals
- Work Schedule Management
- Workflow Management
- Workflow Management Tool
- Workload Management